Wednesday, November 25, 2009

IWC Mark XVI Pilot's Watch is part of the supporting cast in Roland Emmerich's 2012

I finally saw Roland Emmerich's 2012 last weekend, and was surprised to see John Cusack sporting a IWC Mark XVI Pilot's Watch.


When I looked at the IWC Mark XVI at the local distributor a few months back, I felt it had too simple a design and was thinking maybe the average Joe would not figure out it was an expensive watch (please don't blame me that it should not matter). But, I was surprised how distinctive it looked on-screen. From the first second I saw it, I knew it was an IWC Pilot's Watch.


About IWC. IWC or the the "International Watch Co. Schaffhausen" was founded by an American engineer from Boston, Florentine Ariosto Jones, in Schaffhausen, Switzerland in the year 1868. IWC Schaffhausen is notable for being the only major Swiss watch factory located in eastern Switzerland, as the majority of the well-known Swiss watch manufacturers are located in Western Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment